Watch some shows at Sound of Dragon Music Festival
- Details: A new festival that celebrates Chinese music, including: ancient folk and classical, contemporary, jazz, and much more.
- Dates and times: May 9 – May 11; see the website for times and individual events.
- Location: Roundhouse Community Centre, 181 Roundhouse Mews. Click link for directions.
Browse the stalls at the Bloom Market Fort Langley Mother’s Day Weekend.
- Details: Shop local handmade crafts. Eat treats. Listen to live music.
- Dates and times: May 10 – May 11, from 11:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Location: Fort Langley Community Hall, 9167 Glover Road.
Explore the gardens with the family at the 31st Annual Victoria Mother’s Day Garden Tour.
- Details: Enjoy many beautiful gardens all over Victoria. Listen to live music. Buy plants and learn more about gardening.
- Dates and times: May 10 & 11 / 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Location: Locations throughout Victoria. Click the link for details of each garden.
Spend the day exploring the Nelson Garden Festival.
- Details: Visit booths with vegetables, flowers, plants, shrubs and bulbs. There will be many items for your gardens, patios, walkways and decks from local gardeners and craftspeople.
- Dates and times: Saturday, May 10, 2014
- Location: 200 Block of Baker Street. Click the link for directions and a map.
Take a trip on Kettle Valley Steam Railway’s Mother’s Day Train.
- Details: Reserve a seat and enjoy the spring beauty of Prairie Valley. Sip a cup of tea during the ride and enjoy live music. Every mom receives a flower to take home.
- Dates and times: Sunday, May 11 at 10:30 am & 1:30 pm.
- Location: 18404 Bathville Road. Click the link for directions and a map.
Do something different with mom, and have a wild time at the Princeton Rodeo!
- Details: There will be bull riding, team roping, saddle bronc, steer wrestling and much more.
- Dates and times: Daily from May 10, 2014 to May 11, 2014
- Location: 1 Rodeo Way. Click here for a map.