Explore Musqueam history with Musqueam Tour: Witness It, Remember It, Tell It
- Details: Take a bus tour to explore several sites around Vancouver which hold particular significance to the Musqueam people. Listen and learn from Musqueam guides about traditional practices, arts and crafts, songs, legends and even some personal stories. Hear the stories and history passed down by Musqueam Elders that tell an important piece of the history of Vancouver.
- Dates and times: June 21st 9am-1pm & July 27th 9am-1pm.
- Register here.
Other Vancouver events
Trout Lake National Aboriginal Day
Klahowya Village in Stanley Park
Enjoy a variety of festivities at Victoria’s Aboriginal Cultural Festival.
- Details: During this free three-day event, there will be Main Stage performances, artisan demonstrations, a children’s area, food vendors and an AtBC Information booth.Dates and times: Daily from June 19 to June 21, 2014
- Location: Inner Harbour and Royal BC Museum Campus
Celebrate the day at Fort Langley National Historic Site.
- Details: Learn about the cultural traditions of the First Nations at Fort Langley. Taste salmon roasted over an open fire and experience storytelling with local First Nations people and staff interpreters.
- Dates and times: June 21, 2014
Enjoy the festivities at Courtenay’s Celebrating National Aboriginal Day.
- Details: Stroll around the K’omoks grounds to see the unique offerings of the craft and artisan vendors, storytellers and workshops. Witness traditional dances from the West Coast, Prairie, and Metis people, including the Kumugwe Dance Group. Savour Aboriginal foods such as wild sockeye salmon cooked traditionally around an open fire, buffalo burgers and Elk stew, and fresh bannock with homemade jam and candy-smoked salmon.
- Dates and times: Saturday, June 21, 2014, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Location: K’omoks Bighouse, Hall and grounds – the original K’omoks village site (3320 Comox Rd)