Children wearing backpacks
Special thanks to the BC Chiropractic Association
Illustrations: Nola Johnston
Choose a backpack:
- with many pockets, so you can balance
your heavy things, such as books.
- with wide, padded shoulder straps:
Read the PDF
Adapted from The Vancouver Sun by Patty Bossort.
Bicycling is good for your health.
It is good for the economy.
It is good for the environment.
Six good reasons to bicycle:
- It is good exercise. A fit body is a healthy body.
- Children learn better after a walk or bike ride to school.
- A car costs about $8,000 a year. Bicycles cost about $350.
- It is less expensive to build bike paths than roads for cars.
- Bikes take less space to park.
- Bicycling makes less pollution than driving cars.
Read the PDF
Breath fresh air as you ride.
(Photo: MRHYATA / CC, Flickr)
Walk and bicycle everywhere you go.
Photo: The Alliance for Biking and Walking / cc, Flickr
Adapted from The Vancouver Sun
It is simple. Eat less and move more.
Lose weight and feel healthier by doing these things.
Visit the links:
Best of the Reader
is a collection of articles compiled by Joan Acosta from past editions of The Westcoast Reader
You can download the entire Your Health ebook
from Best of the Reader